Rider Stage Race Checklist
Personal Kit Checklist:
Do not bring valuables to the race. We cannot take responsibility for valuables lost during the course of the event.
• Sleeping bag
• Torch / headlight
• Personal toiletries
• Beanie and scarf & gloves for evenings
• Warm long pants
• Casual clothes for after shower.
• Washing powder
Cell Phones: (in Ziploc)
Please I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) your phone.
It should go without saying that your bike should be in perfect working order at the start of the FNB W2W MTB. It will be subjected to severe riding conditions and we recommend that you replace any old parts that may not survive the distance. Select tyres that are suitable for harsh conditions. The use of tubeless tyres is highly recommended. Check your slime levels and top up slime. Various bike shops will provide repairs and servicing in the race villages. We anticipate a high demand for their services, so draw on them only when absolutely necessary. Replacement parts will be sold at normal retail prices.
• 3 sets of cycling shorts and tops
• Wind breaker
• Sun glasses
• 3 sets of cycling socks
• Cycling shoes
• Hydration pack with space for spares – a capacity of 3 litres.
• GPS /Heart rate monitor, bike computer (optional) + Chargers
• Slime/Stan’s, bomb and adaptor, plugs etc,
• Gators, pump
• Brake pads, drop out, chain, links, pins, BB,
• Cable ties, duct tape
• Lube (squirt)
• Favourite energy bars, gels and snacks
First Aid Kit:
Foil survival blanket, three first aid dressings, five adhesive first aid plasters and sun block.
Pain killers – NOT available in the Medical Tent.